The Hello Kitty Summer KAL includes two items designed by Oslofia: a knitted summertop for kids and a crochet beach tote for us ‘grownups’. The summertop pattern comes in the sizes: 6 months to 6 years (more sizes can be included if desired). Patterns will come in English and Norwegian. Nunnun and Oslofia will host this knitalong. The patterns will be distributed by Nunnun (for free) to the participating knitters and crochetters by e-mail in a pdf formate after you have been registered.
You can knit and crochet both items. However, you will only get one pattern to start with, and the second pattern after you’ve finished to make the first item. Pictures of your finished items must be published on the HK blog either by you, or e-mailed to Nunnun.
You must have your own blog or website to join this knitalong. You will also get invited to become a member of the Hello Kitty blog. This will allow you to post pictures and postings on the HK blog your self.
If you’re still interested in joining the Hello Kitty knitalong, please join with the understanding that the following blog rules must be followed:
1) Please use the blog actively, as we would love to see your HK stuff =) KAL’ers can post 'progress' pictures as they go. Photos of finished items must be posted on the Hello Kitty Blog.
2) Pictures posted on the Hello Kitty blog must not be bigger than 25kb. E-mail Nunnun if you have any problems with this. Feel free to link as many pictures as you want from your own blog or webspace in your postings on the Hello Kitty blog.
3) Picturepostings on the Hello Kitty blog is limited to Hello Kitty ’items’.
4) Lets be nice and friendly to each other!! Lets keep in mind what Hello Kitty always says: You can never have too many friends. I’m not kidding…this is her motto =)
5) All posts and comments are subject to deletion by the knitalong hosts. Rude, harsh, condescending or otherwise disparaging comments will not be tolerated or permitted. The editorial decisions of the knitalong hosts are final!
6) Join the knitalong by e-mailing Nunnun your Name, Blogsite, and what item you want to make (first). You will then receive an invitation to join the blog after you’ve been signed up, which will allow you to post pictures and postings on the HK blog. Declining this invitation will in be interpreted in the way that you don’t want to join = deletion from the knitalong.
7) You will receive the first pattern after you’ve accepted the invitation to join the blog + added a link to the KAL blog on your own blog or website.
8) Please note: these patterns are for your personal use only. It may not be copied or posted on other websites, or used for any for-profit use. For other uses, please contact Oslofia.
Good Luck =)